Have a Question? Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTIONS AND LINKS FOR MRS. PHILPOT’S MATH CLASS
I do regular facetime calls and zoom meetings individually.
Email me if you need to set one up.
WEEKLY ZOOM MEETING: EVERY WEDNESDAY AT 1:00!
- Come with questions and to see your classmates!
- We will do a fun math activity every week!
MATH ASSIGNMENT PAGE:
- This page has all of your math assignments broken out by Youtube Video AND Math Book Page numbers!
MRS. PHILPOT'S YOUTUBE PAGE:
- This link takes you to ALL of the online videos done by Mrs. Philpot!
- Go to the ASSIGNMENTS PAGE above to have each video broken out by assignment!
- This link below takes you to ALL of the online MATH SONGS AND VIDEOS that go with our math lessons!
KHAN ACADEMY WORK:
- Try and get 80 minutes per week in Khan Academy.
- Click HERE to see who our daily leaders are!!
- We have been doing ST Math all year!
- Now is the perfect time to get Jiji all the way around the world!
TURNING IN WORK!
- Take a picture of your MATH BOOK PAGES and EMAIL them in to my email address.
- Make sure the Heading in your email says, "Math work for (your student's name) and date.
- Email all work to email@example.com
- Work is due by FRIDAYS AT 4:00
You can access Khan Academy here:
- Click on LOGIN in the upper right hand corner.
- Students have been given a username and password and I have emailed this information to all parents as well. You can email me at any time to get a duplicate.
This year, we will be working on times tables and
one of the best ways for kids to get ready to multiply
is to practice skip counting. We will be learning these
songs at school and it would assist your student
tremendously to watch and practice these at home
as well. Students are required to practice at least
two times a week but more is always better. Parents
do not have to sign off on song practice, it is on the
honor system but it will be a huge help with
your student and multiplication.
Skip counting by TWO'S:
Skip counting by THREE'S:
Skip counting by FOUR'S:
We are also practicing rounding and this is a great video for students to review and sing along with:
The third graders will be learning multilplication this year. If you would like them to get
a head start on memorizing their facts, here are some resources.
Some good math apps to try for practice are: Math for kids, math drills,
math facts, math bingo, and math loops
You can access self corrected timed tests